- Your shopping cart is empty!
Sea Side Aquatics Refractometer
The refractometer is on of most important pieces of equipment that an aquarist can own. It allows the user to test the salinity of a salt water or brackish water in an aquarium. The refractometer is a simple device that anyone can use from novice to expert. The gradient used in measuring the salinity of a water sample is based on the principle of the ratio of the density of a substance to the density of a reference substance; equivalently, it is the ratio of the mass of a substance to the mass of a reference substance for the same given volume. (A.K.A displacement)
It is by far, one of the fastest tests that you can perform on an aquarium. It only takes fifteen seconds to use the refractometer and it is extremely accurate. Professionals around the world depend on this tool to keep marine and brackish water aquariums as close to naturel water conditions as possible.
This refractometer can be calibrated with common RODI water when needed.
- Aeration Products +-
- Auto Top Off Systems & Components +-
- Bundled Products -"Bigger Discounts"
- Camera/Video Gear
- Chillers - Aquarium Cooling +-
- Cleaning and Maintenance Tools +-
- Controllers & Monitors +-
- Dosing Pumps and Accessories
- Feeding Implements- Auto Feeders
- Filtration +-
- Food for Fish and Invertibrates +-
- Freshwater Plant Supplements +-
- Freshwater Plant Accessories +-
- Glues and Aquascape Epoxies
- Heaters +-
- LED Lighting +-
- T-5 Lighting +-
- Medications and Treatments
- Overflow Boxes
- Pond Products +-
- Powerheads +-
- Protein Skimmers +-
- Pumps - Flow and Pressure +-
- Suppliment and Trace Elements +-
- Reverse Osmosis Products +-
- Testing +-
- Ultraviolet Sterilizers +-