- Your shopping cart is empty!
Terms and conditions of use
Price Guarantee – and False Claims On It
How is it that 40% of websites claim to be the lowest price – guaranteed? We, like many others, know that this statement is a false and an outright dishonest claim. We, at Aquatic Warehouse, are constantly watching our competition to make sure that we are at or many times under our competition’s pricing. It is nearly impossible to shop the entirety of the internet, so to make that claim is irresponsible. We at Aquatic Warehouse will match any legitimate offer if you find a product priced lower than our prices. Just send us the web address and be sure to look at the added costs with shipping and handling. The competitor must have item in stock. On a rarity, our competitors might sell something below cost (where some unlucky store has gone out of business and the site has bought all of their merchandise), which we will not match, but again, this is not common.
We value your privacy. Aquatic Warehouse doesn't share any customer information. All customer information is used solely for the purposes of communications between Aquatic Warehouse and you, the customer.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We utilize the highest grade encrypting security systems for our credit card transactions, so you can be rest assured.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at AquaticWarehouse.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Aquatic Warehouse 5466 Complex Street, #204 San Diego, CA 92123.
Warranty and Returns
Warranties are covered by the manufacture. There is always a possibility (though a very small percentage) that you could receive a defective product, or becomes defective during its warranty coverage, and then we would ask you to please contact us for instructions on how to proceed. We can usually service the warranty if the product is less than 30 days old. Many of the manufactures prefer to deal directly with the consumer on warranty exchange. We will give you contact information when you call or email us. We will provide a web link whenever possible for your convenience.
To help you avoid any unnecessary returns, please be sure to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask questions on any products that you are uncertain about. Many times there is a simple adjustment on a product to make it work perfectly. Many instructions (especially from Germany or Asia) are not explained to their full potential. We are all qualified aquarists with hands-on experience to help. If you need to return an item;
- You will need to contact us for us to issue an RA (Return Authorization) number.
- Any return shipped back to us without this RA number will be refused. Returns must be issued an RA number within 30 days of invoice date.
- Product must be in proper resalable condition.
- All original instructions must also be included. If your return is not in new condition or missing parts, we will issue a partial credit or possibly refuse the return.
- Returns must be shipped back fully insured and properly packaged.
- You must clearly mark the RA number on the outside of the shipping box.
- Do not ship any product back in its product box only. Always put the product inside a cardboard box fully packed, otherwise the item will not be in resalable condition and you will not receive full credit or possibly refused. Shipping charges are NOT refundable unless the merchandise was shipped in error. Orders cannot be canceled after they have been shipped. Refused orders are subjected to an automatic 25% restocking fee plus return freight charge. Orders cannot be cancelled or refused due to delay in shipping.
Shipping and Damage Claims
Aquatic Warehouse ships with the following curriers; FedEx, UPS, US Postal Service and Airborne. FedEx is our primary shipper. We will automatically email you a FedEx tracking number on all orders that originate from our warehouse. Though some larger items might be drop shipped which might not have tracking numbers available. The US Postal Service is utilized mainly when PO boxes are used and small light packages ordered. On a rarity, packages are going to be delivered with some shipping damage. If this were to occur, then please contact us immediately and let us know the extent or precisely what is damaged in your shipment. You will need to keep all original shipping boxes, packing and damaged item until we contact the shipper. We will file the claim on your behalf. It is possible that the shipping company representative will want to inspect the package. Once the claim is filed, we will ship you a replacement.