- Your shopping cart is empty!
Brightwell Aquatics Florinmulti Plant Care for Aquariums 250 ml
Availability: In Stock
- Provides 14 elements critical to long-term health, growth, and coloration of aquatic plants.
- Elemental ratio reflects current understanding of general requirements for unrestricted
growth of tropical aquatic plants.
- May be used to establish beneficial water parameters in new aquaria, to replenish
depleted elemental concentrations in aquaria that rarely receive a water change, and to
re-establish concentrations in aquaria following large water changes.
- Well-suited to the planted aquarium hobbyist seeking one simple solution to use for the
majority of plant husbandry requirements (e.g. aside from instances when specific water
parameters require adjustment).
- Also provides 0.001% iodine to enable crustaceans (such as shrimp) to molt and grow.
- Formulated utilizing extensive research on aquatic plant nutrient requirements.
- For complete information, click the 'Technical' button at the top right.
Nutrients are substances required by plants for survival; they are collectively involved in all aspects of the biological and chemical reactions that allow plants to function properly. Brightwell Aquatics FlorinMulti provides these substances in concentrations found by researchers to be necessary for long-term health of tropical aquatic plants. These elements, and some of the processes that they are involved in, are:
Potassium - Protein synthesis, water and charge balance, enzyme activation.
Boron - Chlorophyll production, flowering, root growth, cell function.
Carbon - Required for all organic compounds.
Calcium - Cell wall stability and permeability, enzyme activation, cell response to stimuli.
Chlorine - Water and charge balance, photosynthesis.
Copper - Component of enzymes utilized in redox reactions that take place during photosynthesis.
Iron - Required for photosynthesis, component of enzymes utilized in redox reactions.
Magnesium - Component of chlorophyll, enzyme activation.
Manganese - Formation of amino acids, enzyme activation.
Molybdenum and Cobalt - Required for nitrate reduction.
Nickel - Enzyme activation, processing of nitrogenous material.
Sulfur - Component of proteins and the coenzymes that are involved with nutrient utilization and growth.
Zinc - Chlorophyll production, enzyme activation.
Note that Oxygen and Hydrogen are also required, but are available at all times through water, and so are not included in the list of components that comprise this solution. FlorinMulti does not contain phosphorus or nitrogen; our extensive experience with planted aquarium husbandry has led us to believe that these nutrients should be added directly if/when desired by the hobbyist in accordance with plant needs, rather than in a broad spectrum nutrient solution.