- Your shopping cart is empty!
Tunze Comline Reefpack 250, Combination 9004 Skimmer and 3162 Filter
A great combination and the price is reduced together.
The Comline® DOC Skimmer 9004
The Comline® DOC Skimmer 9004 is one of (if not the) first true “surface skimming” protein skimmers ever designed (check out its big brother Comline® DOC 9012). Think about it; the reason most of us go through all the hassle and expense with a sump/pumps/overflow box, fittings, lines etc is to get the protein-rich surface layer on top of the tank to the skimmer, right? At Aquatic Warehouse, we have loaded up a 37gallon soft coral reef tank, whereas we cannot stuff in another coral, and it is a stunning reef tank with only the Tunze 9004, a Tunze 9062 filter and two small powerhead (and heater).
The Comline® DOC 9004 Protein Skimmer is designed for use in saltwater up to 60 US gallons (lightly loaded) or 40 gallon heavily loaded reef. It operates according to the Tunze® “Flash Skimming Principle” and acquires the water through an efficient surface suction with a surface film removal.
The TUNZE® Foamer generates large volumes of fine air bubbles and is especially quiet during operation. The “Flash skimming” principle enables highly efficient foam production. Organic-rich surface water is mixed thoroughly with small air bubbles in the TUNZE® Foamer. On the top surface of the air bubbles, pollutants such as protein, cellulose, dead cells, etc. are absorbed immediately.
The water/air mixture expands and stabilizes in the skimmer cup reactor, the water returns to the aquarium, and the protein-loaded air bubbles spill over into the skimmer cup. The patented anti-over foaming system intermediate chamber prevents the skimmer from over-foaming and controls the skimmer performance, depending on the water level and organic load.
The particularly high efficiency of the “flash skimming” principle, compared to large skimmers with long contact time, is obtained because the substances absorbed by the air bubbles are not released again, thus they don‘t return to the aquarium water.is the smallest and least expensive alternative protein skimmer that actually works!!! We can count in the 100’s where customers have bought one of the many “cheaper” skimmers on the market and found that none of them skim, and then they buy the 9004 and come back to us enlightened!
- A true surface skimming skimmer! Takes the place of needing a sump.
- Uses only 4 Watts! (that's not a typo)
- Comes with an air intake silencer
- Reduces outgoing bubbles always found on hang-on and internal skimmers
- Best if used up to 3/8” thick glass or acrylic rimless tanks.
- Attaches with strong German magnets (we have found at AW that it is best if supported with a piece of live-rock under the skimmer so when you push down on the collection cup, it will in no way move)
Total dimensions; 4.3” length x 3.5” width x 12” height, with Immersion depth: approx. (8.8” to 9.6”), (225mm to 245mm)
Check out the review:
The Tunze Comline® Filter 3162 is an innovative approach to filtration used internally for fresh and saltwater from 15 to 105 gallons, depending on tank load. This dynamo of a filter is extremely small and versatile with bottom and surface water intakes, which gives you the ability to pull more detritus from the water column than any other type of filter. The 3162 filter comes with the attachments for an auto top-off system (Tunze Osmolator® 3155) for accurate water level control and a designated slot for the hobbyist to add an internal heater rated up to 75 watts. We use these filters at Aquatic Warehouse, and load them with filter floss and a Poly-Filter with excellent results.
- Comline® Filter 3162 variable output of 70 - 225 gph
- Patented Magnet Holder up to a pane thickness of 3/8“ glass or rimless acrylic
- Utilizing a messily 4.5 watts!!
- It can be upgraded with controlled heaters up to 75 watts, with water passing around the heater where it won’t burn your delicate animals.
- It can be upgraded with a TUNZE® 3155 Osmolator and other Magnet Holders
- This quality product is made in Germany and comes with a 2-year manufacturer`s warranty
- Surface intake with bacteria and peptide film removal
- Holds and hides all mechanical and chemical (phosphate) filtration media
- Easy to use, elegant and unobtrusive in the aquarium
Total dimensions; 4.3” length x 3.5” width x 10” height, with Immersion depth: approx. (8.8” to 9.6”), (225mm to 245mm)