- Your shopping cart is empty!
EcoTech Marine VorTech MP10wQD QuietDrive Propeller Pump
Product Code: EM1233
Availability: In Stock
$3.00 back via Rewards Points
Price in reward points: 28500
The VorTech MP10wQD QuietDrive Propeller Pump by EcoTech Marine is not only the wave pump that is emulated by multiple manufactures with limited success, the features seem endless. Create massive water movement - Adjustable flow rates with included controller allow you to dial in a setting that is tailored to your aquarium
- No hotspots - With its broad flow pattern, the VorTech QuietDrive eliminates "flow hot spots"
- Three dimensional flow - A unique patented design is unrivaled in creating three dimensional flow conditions and gyres
- Comprehensive flow modes - 12 different flow modes allow you to choose the best setting for happy corals and fish
- Ultra-low-profile design - With its patented design, the VorTech QuietDrive is the least visually obtrusive pump on the market
- Safe - No electrical components in the aquarium greatly reduces the risk of electrical shock to you, or your animals.
What’s in the box?
- VorTech QuietDrive Pump
- QuietDrive driver/controller
- Mounting hardware
- Power supply
- Create massive water movement
- Natural Gyre
- Three dimensional flow patterns
- Comprehensive flow options
- Precise water movement control
The VorTech is no less amazing today than when it was first revolutionized the aquarium hobby. Three generation of pumps, over a decade of flow production, and tens of thousands of healthy aquariums are a testament to this uniquely designed powerhead. At the heart of the VorTech`s success is its unique, patented, magnetically coupled design.
- No distractions from the beauty of the tank and its inhabitants
- No wires in the aquarium
- No unwanted heat added to the water column
- No risk of electrical discharge harming people or marine life
- No hassle when it comes to installing, relocating or cleaning the powerhead
QuietDrive builds on the unique advantages of the VorTech`s magnetically couple design and takes it to the next level. The revolutionary new drive system boasts increased efficiency and significantly reduces motor noise.
First, VorTech took the pump motor out of the aquarium, now QuietDrive takes the noise out of the motor.
- All new driver
- More than 6 continuous operation modes
- Wave Auto Tune, Feed Mode & Night Mode
- Reduced motor noise compared to older MP10ES.
- Higher output
- Flow: 1,500+ gph
- Power Consumption: 8 to 18 Watts
- Tank Range: 2.5-50+ gallons
- Max Glass Thickness: 0.375"
- Dryside Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter, 2" Height
- Wetside Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter, 1.5" Height
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 2.25"
VorTech QD Modes
|LAGOON MODE |
Lagoonal Random Mode simulates a low-energy lagoon environment. The speed of the pump is changed slowly to recreate the gentle currents of a lagoon.
|REEF CREST MODE |
Reef Crest Randon Mode simulates a high-energy reef environment. The pump will change speed frequently and drastically to simulate crashing waves and surge tide. This is a favorite of SPS Corals.
|GYRE MODE |
Gyre Mode creates a flow pattern consisting of uniform clockwise and counterclockwise flow levels pulsing at a selected interval between two seconds and two hours.
|SHORT PULSE MODE |
Short Pulse Mode creates a flow pattern consisting of uniform high and low flow levels pulsing at a selected interval between 0.2 seconds and two seconds.
|TIDAL SWELL MODE |
Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) creates a harmonic balance reminiscent of the changing flow conditions found in nature. over the course of several hours, the flow pattern will go from very chaotic to calm, followed by a detritus-clearing surge at the very end of the cycle. The flow direction will change direction every cycle.
|NUTRIENT TRANSPORT MODE |
Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) creates circulation in a two-phase program. The first phase uses wave motion to stir up detritus. The second phase follows with a surging motion to move the detritus into the overflow and out of the aquarium. This mode promotes maximum health, nutrient wxport and increased growth for sensitive corals such as SPS.
|FEED MODE |
At the touch of a button all VorTech wirelessly enabled pumps will temporarily pause their current mode and idle allwong food to be added to teh tank without being cycled into the overflow and filtration.
|NIGHT MODE |
Pumps can be enabled to run a gentler night time program simulating calmer ocean conditions for the night time hours.
|BATTERY BACKUP MODE (EcoTech Battery Back-Up required) |
Blizzard, hurricane, a downed utility pole; stuff happens. The power goes out... VorTech pumps are compatible with the EcoTech Battery Backup accessory.