- Your shopping cart is empty!
Aqua Designs Amano Aqua Soil Amazonia Ver.2
The Aqua Designs Amano Aqua Soil Amazonia Ver. 2 is a new updated and upgraded plant substrate that has a combination of the best of the "Original Amazonia Aqua Soil" and the recently released Amazonia II. Serious plant and aquascape affectionatos already are familiar with the #1 rated Freshwater
planted aquarium substrate in the world - Amazonia, but not the newest Ver.2. Aqua Design Amano has taken the Amazonia II, which was easier to start an aquarium with and added (in a separate include packet in pellet form) the similar ingredients found in the original Amazonia Aqua Soil. Now you have a choice to either add these pellets under the soil for the most benefits on top of the ADA Power Sand, or to not add it at all.
This amazing plant substrate is made from an extensive list of all natural products, which simply put; “your plants will just plain thrive on this stuff” without the nutrient having contact with the water column, thus less water changes and algae issues with a new aquarium.
It contains plenty of organic acids and nutrients which encourage the plant's root growth, and provides a perfect "substrate system" for aquatic plants when used with Aqua Designs Amano's Power Sand and Bactria. With this product, you can easily re-create a natural environment where aquatic plants grow rapidly and fish and invertebrates live a healthy life.
A high pH level (alkaline) of most substrates causes difficulties for aquatic plants in consuming nutrients. The Aqua Designs Amano Amazonia Aqua Soil decreases the hardness of the water and lowers the pH level to the degree at which most aquatic plants can consume nutrients and comfortably grow. If you are using an RO or DI water source, then testing your water for correct KH and pH values are important and is so whenever using this hi-grade substrate. Another quality feature with Aqua Soil is that the granules maintain their shape and density for a long period underwater, thus securing good circulation of water and oxygen throughout the substrate. This is not the case with the majority of other soils. Amazonia also maintains the best possible root health and reduces anaerobic problems.
Amazonia's humic acids help lower the pH and KH, and makes an idealistic environment for plants and fish and shrimp.
- Upgraded Ver.2 Replaces Amazonia II and Give the End User More Options-High Nutrient or Not.
Excellent Color and Plant Accelerated Growth Over Previous Soils.
- Advanced Substrate made from a Labor Intensive Process with a Staggering List of Natural Material from the Earth.
- Works Best with Aqua Designs Amano Power Sands.
- Granule Size and Density Promotes Excellent Oxygen Deep into the Soil for Optimal Root Growth.
- Creates Clarity to the Water and allows for Ideal Conditions for Healthy Growth of all Aquatic Plants.
- Dark Brown-Black Color of the Amazonian Rain Forest for Stunning Contrast to Green and Red Plant Colors.
- Helps to bring the pH level of the Water Down to an Ideal level for Most of the Aquatic Plants.
- Helps to Lower the Hardness Level of the Water.
- Granules Maintain their Shape for a Longer Periods in Water than Most Other Substrates.
- Best Used with Aqua Designs Amano Power Sand and Bacter 100 Bactria System.
- Stimulates the Fast Colonization of Bacteria which Helps Eliminate Wastes and Unwanted Algaes.
- Designed and Used by the Late Master Pro-Aquascape Artist, Takashi Amano for his company Aqua Design Amano.
For Optimal conditions; a 40% water change is recommend twice for the first two to three weeks. Intense lighting for only up to 6 hours a day for 2 weeks. Increase thereafter. Amazonia Ver.2 take less initial maintenance then the super-rich Amazonia Aqua soil does, but plant growth and color are amazing with both.
Aqua Designs Amano Power Sand, Bacter 100, Clear Super and Tourmaline BC are best used in conjunction with Aqua Soils to complete the world renowned "Aqua Designs Amano Substrate System".
Estimated coverage is (1) 3L bag per 5 gallons or (1) 9L bag per 15 gallons. (most people slope their soil from front to the back).
or (1) 9L bag will cover approximately 4 inch height in 1 square foot.
To determine how many bags you need more accurately, multiply tank length by width by depth.
(1) 9L bag is equal to 9000 cubic centimeters (approximately 549.21 cubic inch). In an ADA 60P aquarium with length 60cm and width 30cm, you want 5cm depth of soil:
60cm (length) x 30cm (width) x 5cm (desired depth) = 9000 cubic centimeters = One 9L bag