- Your shopping cart is empty!
ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Light
The ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Light (like Amazonia II) is very much like the “famous original ADA Amazonia Aqua Soil”, but much easier for startup, making this soil ideal for beginners and intermediate (and of course advanced) aquascapers. The difference is that this recipe has much less ammonia and nitrogen, thus less initial water changes are needed. The same color, textures and density as the Standard Amazonia and in the long run (after 3 months) will perform with very similar expectations.
The only difference between Amazonia Light and Amazonia II is the color, Light of course being of a lighter hue of organic soils.
It contains plenty of organic acids and nutrients which encourage plants root growth, and provides a perfect "substrate system" for aquatic plants when used with ADA's Power Sand and Bactria. With this product, you can easily re-create a natural environment where aquatic plants grow rapidly and fish and invertebrates live a healthy life.
A high pH level (alkaline) of the substrate causes difficulties for aquatic plants in consuming nutrients. The ADA Amazonia Aqua Soil decreases the hardness of the water and lowers the pH level to the degree at which most aquatic plants can consume nutrients and comfortably grow. If you are using an RO or DI water source, then testing your water for correct KH and pH values are important and is so whenever using this hi-grade substrate. Another quality feature with Aqua Soil is that the granules maintain their shape and density for a long period underwater, thus securing good circulation of water and oxygen throughout the substrate. This is not the case with the majority of other soils. Amazonia also maintains the best possible root health and reduces anaerobic problems.
Amazonia's humic acids help lower the pH and KH, and makes an idealistic environment for plants and fish and shrimp.
- Granule Size and Density Promotes Excellent Oxygen Deep into the Soil for Optimal Root Growth.
- Creates Clarity to the Water and allows for Ideal Conditions for Healthy Growth of all Aquatic Plants.
- The Lighter Hew of the Dark Brown-Black Color of the Amazonian Rain Forest for Stunning Contrast to Green and Red Plant Colors.
- Helps to bring the pH level of the Water Down to an Ideal level for Most of the Aquatic Plants.
- Helps to Lower the Hardness Level of the Water.
- Granules Maintain their Shape for a Longer Periods in Water than Most Other Substrates.
- Best Used with ADA Power Sand and ADA Bacter 100 Bactria System.
- Stimulates the Fast Colonization of Bacteria which Helps Eliminate Wastes and Unwanted Algaes.
- Designed and Used by the Late Master Pro-Aquascape Artist, Takashi Amano for his company Aqua Design Amano.
** Please note that these ADA substrates are designed to release ammonia as an aid in cycling the new filtration media and substrate. This is in effect “fishless cycling” where fish should "not" be added until after the ammonia cycles out (estimated 3 weeks).
For Optimal conditions; a 40% water change is recommend twice in the first week then normal water changes after that of 30% weekly. Intense lighting for only up to 6 hours a day for 2-3 weeks. Increase thereafter. Amazonia II and Amazonia Light take less initial maintenance then the super-rich Amazonia Aqua soil does.
ADA Power Sand, Bacter 100, Clear Super and Tourmaline BC are best used in conjunction with Aqua Soil to complete the world renowned "ADA Substrate System".
Estimated coverage is (1) 3L bag per 5 gallons or (1) 9L bag per 15 gallons. (most people slope their soil from front to the back).
or (1) 9L bag will cover approximately 4 inch height in 1 square foot.
To determine how many bags you need more accurately, multiply tank length by width by depth.
(1) 9L bag is equal to 9000 cubic centimeters (approximately 549.21 cubic inch). In an ADA 60P aquarium with length 60cm and width 30cm, you want 5cm depth of soil:
60cm (length) x 30cm (width) x 5cm (desired depth) = 9000 cubic centimeters = One 9L bag
Power Sand, Bacter 100, Clear Super and Tourmaline BC are used in conjunction with Aqua Soil to complete the ADA Substrate System.